Allianz expands telehealth initiative to all OSHC members
24 Jan 2017
After a successful Victorian trial with international students in 2016, Allianz Global Assistance has expanded its Doctors on Demand telehealth service to all OSHC and OVHC Visitors Plus members across Australia.
Allianz Global Assistance understands that when you are sick it’s sometimes hard to get out of bed to see a doctor. It can be even more difficult for international students as they may not know where to go, or feel up to using public transport, along with other factors.
This is why Allianz Allianz Global Assistance trialled a new telehealth initiative in Victoria last year. Due to the success of the trial with international students, it has officially expanded the telehealth service with Doctors on Demand to all OSHC and OVHC Visitors Plus members nationally from 1 December 2016.
Doctors on Demand provides members with:
- An easy to use web and app platform to make appointments
- No out of pocket expenses when members use the service
- Ability to telephone or video-conference with qualified Australian based doctors
- Private medical advice for a range of health concerns
- Access to get prescriptions sent to a local pharmacy or to their home
- Option to forward patients’ medical records from their telehealth consults to their regular GP.
If you’re interested in knowing more about this service, please contact:
National Sales Manager – Transformation International Health
Mobile: +61 433 140 866